Last updated 24/05/2018
On 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the existing 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (European Directive 95/46/EC).
Abbey Floor Care is committed to GDPR compliance across the company and we have already implemented and evaluated the latest requirements and limitations enforced by the GDPR. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in an orderly manner. Thereupon we’ve carefully reviewed the way we collect, use, keep and dispose your personal data with the aim of Floor services provision.
Abbey Floor Care reserves the right to change this policy by revising this page.
Abbey Floor Care (henceforth referred to as “Abbey Floor Care”, “we” or “us”) acts as data controller of the personal data we process about you. Ou registered office is located at 7 Hopmeadow Way, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire DE156 9FP, United Kingdom.
Abbey Floor Care’s Commitment to Personal Data and Privacy
We respect your right to privacy and comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to personal data protection.
1. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is data related to an identified or identifiable individual, for example, your name, address and contact information.
2. What Personal Data Is Collected by Abbey Floor Care?
We collect personal data when you place an enquiry, make purchases, access and use our website, fill out a form, communicate with us via email or phone, or otherwise interact with us.
- Identification data, such as your name, company name
- Contact data, such as your address, email address, home phone number, and mobile phone number for contact purposes.
- Transactional data, which includes information about enquiries, quotations, purchases, account notes recorded related to your transactions with us and other information you choose to provide to us in connection with a transaction.
- Electronic data, which includes the IP address used to access our website, mobile device ID, type of browser, activity on our website and image records obtained through photographs and videos of the floors we are working on at your premises,
- We automatically collect electronic data when you access and use our website using cookies, pixels and local storage.
3. How Does Abbey Floor Care Use Your Personal Data?
We use personal data to process your requests and transactions, provide you with our floor care service.
The specific purposes for which we process your personal data are set out below:
- To process and administer your account (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of your agreement between you and Abbey Floor Care);
- To provide products and services to you, which includes, sending notifications via phone, email or SMS/text messages related to your purchases (the legal basis for this processing is the performance of the purchase agreement between you and Abbey Floor Care)
- To respond to queries or complaints from you (the legal basis for this processing is your consent)
- To comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations, those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognised by law (the legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations under UK law related to, for instance, taxation, money-laundering and terrorism financing and consumer protection law)
- To analyse your use of our website (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving our website and better understanding user needs and expectations)
- For internal management purposes, including planning, resource allocation, policy development, quality improvement, monitoring, audit, evaluation and reporting (the legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in understanding shopping behaviour, improving our selection of products and services, and exploring ways to develop and enhance our business)
4. How Does Abbey Floor Care Share Information with Third Parties?
We do not share personal data about you with third parties except as follows:
Our Service Providers
We share personal data with companies that perform services for us (e.g. web hosting, information technology, payment processing, order fulfilment, courier services, email distribution, marketing, and the provision of data analytics, insurance, audit, legal and advisory services).
Please note that since some of these service providers are located abroad, certain disclosures imply a cross-border transfer of your personal data as described in Section 5.
We share personal data with companies that we partner with to provide you with certain products and services, for example, when we ask one of our suppliers to ship products directly to you. If you purchase, apply for or request certain products or services provided by a third party, we will share your name and other personal data as is necessary for the third party to deliver the product or service to you.
We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these third parties and encourage you to become familiar with their privacy and security practices and policies before disclosing any additional personal data to them.
Compliance with Law
We also disclose personal data when we are legally authorised or required to do so to comply with applicable law or legal process (including requests from authorities and courts), to respond to claims (including inquiries by you in connection with your purchases at Abbey Floor Care), or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Abbey Floor Care, our customers, our employees or the public.
Personal data may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition to third parties involved in such transactions.
We also share personal data with third parties, other than those described above, when we have your consent to do so.
5. Does Abbey Floor Care Transfer Personal Data Outside the EEA?
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the UK, and, in some cases, the laws of these countries do not provide the same level of protection of your personal data as those in the UK.
For example, we transfer personal data to service providers, like Microsoft and Google, that process personal data for us in their various worldwide data centre locations.
Abbey Floor Care ensures that personal data transferred outside the EEA is maintained with at least the same level of security and protection for personal data that is required under the applicable legislation.
6. How Does Abbey Floor Care Protect Personal Data?
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to help protect personal data from damage, loss, alteration, destruction or unauthorised access, processing or use while it is under our control.
7. How Long Does Abbey Floor Care Retain Personal Data?
Abbey Floor Care will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which such data was collected, unless a longer retention period is required under applicable law. For example, we need to keep records about purchase histories if the service is required again, or to resolve to help other problems you may have with your purchase. For this reason, we generally keep records of accounts and purchase histories for a minimum of 5 years, unless you exercise your right to be erased, as outlined in Section 8.
8. What Personal Data Rights Do You Have?
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have legal rights in relation to the processing of your personal data, including:
A right to obtain information
You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data.
A right of access
You have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data we process about you.
A right of rectification
You have the right to request that we correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data we process about you.
A right of erasure
You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you.
A right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data, so that we can store such data but not further process it.
A right to data portability
You have the right to request that we provide the personal data which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from Abbey Floor Care.
A right to revoke your consent
When our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
A right to file a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. You can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
To exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
9. Use of Our Website by Children
We do not intend to collect data from children. If you are under 18, you must not provide personal data through our website.
11. Questions or Concerns
Alternatively, if you would prefer to submit your questions by post, please write to us at:
Abbey Floor Care
7 Hopmeadow Way