How To Polish Granite Tiles
Granite is a beautiful flooring material. It’s hard wearing, resistant to staining and available in a vast range of colours from deep black through mottled grey to mottled white.
However, after years of use, the shine on granite floors disappears and you will need professional help to restore the shine.
I have the specialist equipment and experience to restore Granite. Drop me a line to see if your Granite floor can be restored to its original shine
Polishing A Granite Floor
Sand and grit can scratch the granite surface like sandpaper. Unprotected furniture legs will make deep scratches when they are dragged across the floor.
As granite is a hard stone, it is difficult to find the best way to clean granite if you don’t have much experience in cleaning granite and granite polishing
Specialists In Cleaning Granite and Polishing Granite
To help you keep the original look, our specialist granite polisher will make your floor look beautiful glossy, giving you a “just like new finish”
This Black Galaxy-Granite floor was too worn to be polished back to a shine with granite polishing powder. I had to grind off the worn surface, then hone and polish the tiles back to a high shine.
The Best Way To Clean GraniteThe best way without doubt to clean granite is to try your best to make sure it doesn’t get scratched and dirty in the first place, because once you have scratches on your floor, you need to call on professional help. So here are some tips on taking care of granite:
- Your granite floors should have the additional protection of an impregnating granite tile sealer.
- Use good barrier matting to stop tracked in dirt scratching your floor
- Use felt furniture pads to protect the floor.
- Stand any large objects like plants on protective bases to help prevent accidental scratches when you move them.
- Only use specialist granite cleaning products. General floor cleaners contain chemicals that could dissolve minerals in your granite, leaving dull marks.
- Any granite maintenance plan should include vacuuming or dry dusting at least three times a week to remove harmful sand and grit.
- Damp mop at lest three times a week.
- Blot up spills immediately, remember BLOT don’t rub because you can spread the stain.
- Traffic lanes should be professionally restored on an annual basis to maintain the finish.
- Over time small impact holes may appear. Don’t worry we can fill and polish them with ours specialist granite repair equipment.
Get Cleaning Advice From Abbey Floor CareWith our extensive experience in cleaning and restoration. We are pleased to offer advice on maintenance programs, cleaning solutions and equipment.
Get In Touch
Monday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday – Emergencies Only Please
Sunday – Emergencies Only Please